Westshore Drum Academy Pro Training
The curriculum of the Professional Training includes all aspects of professional drumming. The course is divided into 3 semesters. There are at least 4 units a week. The course will be held every Saturday and is divided into 3 drumming units as well as a fourth unit that covers Music Theory, Ear Training, Scales and Audio Recording. Each drumming unit is 50 min in length, the fourth unit is 60 min in length. After passing the final exam every student will receive a certificate.
DRUM TRAINING COURSE
THE COURSE COVERS
- All 40 standard rudiments as well as the most common hybrid rudiments.
- Reading and interpreting 8th and 16th note based syncopation.
- Music styles including: Jazz/Big Band, Rock/Pop, Blues/Metal, Hip Hop/R’n’B, World & Ethnic, Latin and Cuban and Electronic Styles e.g. Drum&Bass, House, Trap
- Rhythm Section Training, Studio and Click Training, Electronic Drums and Programming, Small Percussion for Drummers (Shakers, Tambourines, Hand drumming e.g. Bongos, Djembes)
- Self-marketing, Video Production, Notation Software, Tuning Workshops, Guest Lecturers.
- Piano, Music Theory, Ear Training
- Audio Recording Basics
Westshore Drum Academy provides music, notation and listening examples covering all the topics of the course. All students will have access to the Westshore Drum Academy library (books, dvd's).
Students have to purchase the following books: Ted Reed's Syncopation for the Modern Drummer. Stick Control by George Lawrence Stone and The New Breed Vol. 1 by Gary Chester. Each student will receive a free copy of Ydna Murd's Hi-Hat Master drum book in addition to the free material presented throughout the course. Every student needs drumsticks and brushes, writing utensils, music paper and ear protection. A laptop is not necessary but would be very helpful for the audio recording and notation software section of the course.
HOW TO ENROLL
To enroll for this course students will have to pass an admission exam. We will test reading skills (e.g. Ted Reed Symcopation and The New Breed Reading pages as well as rudiment knowledge). Students not residing in Victora may also send songs and videos via e-mail. We can also arrange for a Skype conference.
Please contact us for an assessment date!
Costs: Professional training course: $285.00 CAN Dollar per month (4 weeks)
Total costs: Professional training course: $2,280.00 CAN Dollar
Saturdays 10 am to 2 pm
October 14, 21, 28
November 04, 11, 18, 25
December 02, 09, 16
January 06, 13, 20, 27
February 03, 10, 17, 24
March 03, 10
April 07, 14, 21, 28
May 05, 12, 19, 26
June 02, 09, 16