West Shore Music Port Band Program
- Thanks to funding from the British Columbia Arts Council and all the other sponsors, the West Shore Arts Council and the Westshore Music Academy are excited to offer a FREE band program for eligible youth age 12 to 17 years. The bands are based on a modern band concept and will be formed to the musical preference of the students, from Rock to Metal, Hip Hop to R&B, Pop, Reggae, Percussion Band and more.
- The program is available FREE of charge for eligible students living in the West Shore Communities, ages 12 to 17 years who fulfill any of the following criteria:
- living in financial need (as defined by Government guidelines)
- living in a foster home
- experiencing difficulties at home, at school or in their community
- Please fill out the program application form and have a parent or guardian sign the form. Also submit a reference letter from your school counsellor, principal or teacher if possible.
- Westshore Music Academy, 134-1039 Langford Pkwy, Victoria , BC, V9B 0A5, email: email@example.com. Call us at 250-532-0228 if you have questions about the application or like to get more information.
Youth Percussion Band Programs
- The Westshore Music Academy proudly presents the Westshore Drumsquad (age 10-14), the Victoria Stickmen (14-19) and the Drummingbirds (girls aged 11-17). These unique percussion groups provide an excellent learning experience for the students not only in drumming and composition but also in cooperating with their band mates, leadership and stage performance. Participating in these groups is a lot of fun but it also comes with some responsibilities. They are comparable to gold or elite teams in sports and do require a strong commitment and a regular practice schedule in addition to the band rehearsals. All three bands write their own original material/drum pieces which is a big part of what makes them so unique in their approach.
Free Community Drum Circles
- Come join our fun and social drum circles! No matter what level you are, you are going to enjoy the drumming experience! Time and day will be announced through our email newsletter and our facebook page. A limited number of currently 5 Djembe's is available at the school (we accept a small donation if you like to use them) or bring your own hand drum or percussion instrument of any kind! Please submit your interest in these events through firstname.lastname@example.org